The Office of Academic Enrichment is a valuable campus resource. AS an ACTIVE ASPIRE member, you qualify for financial support for tutoring. Funds for this support are limited, but we are typically able to honor most requests. YOUR GRADE POINT AVERAGE IS IMPORTANT. Get tutoring if you need it. Visit our Get Involved page for a calendar listing of helpful workshops and study skills development sessions.
TUTORING Individual Tutoring. Students can visit our office to check the TutorFind directory of available tutors for one-on-one work. Undergraduate tutors are available for $11.50/hr; graduate tutors are $14.50/hr.
- Drop-In Tutoring. Two hours a day, five days a week, drop-in tutoring is available in math, chemistry and physics.
- Group Tutoring. Free group tutoring in a number of courses is offered each semester. Groups are formed in response to student requests.
- Nfoshare Online Tutoring. This new feature (using Facebook) is available for selected classes.
STUDY SKILLS ASSISTANCE
- Workshops at the OAE. Attached is a copy of our fall workshop schedule. We appreciate your posting this schedule where it will be visible to students visiting your department; feel free to make as many copies as you wish.
- Online workshops: Your Roadmap to Success (http://www.udel.edu/AEC-workshop/). These workshops are designed to help students identify skill areas they need to improve in, to practice new techniques, and to evaluate their progress.
- Study Skills course (UNIV113). This one-credit pass/fail course includes comprehensive coverage of strategies for successful studying, which are then put to use in a concurrent “target class” of the student’s choice. While the course is aimed at freshmen and sophomores, exceptions can be made for other students when needed.
- Academic Intake appointments. Any student can meet with one of our staff members to assess his/her current study strategies and develop a plan for strengthening those strategies. In particular, students in academic difficulty can benefit from this one-on-one academic counseling.
The OAE Newsletter provides a quick overview of our offerings for you to share with your students. To review it, and for more details on OAE programs, visit our website: www.ae.udel.edu.
We appreciate your referrals and look forward to assisting all students who wish to strengthen their skills.
This entry was posted in Undergraduate Teacher Education and tagged Academic Support.