Want a Better Grade Point Average? Check Out the Resources at the Academic Enrichment Center
· Individual Tutoring. Students can visit our office to check the TutorFind directory of available tutors for one-on-one work. Undergraduate tutors are available for $11.50/hr; graduate tutors are $14.50/hr.
· Drop-In Tutoring. Two hours a day, five days a week, drop-in tutoring is available in math, chemistry and physics.
· Group Tutoring. Free group tutoring in a number of courses is offered each semester. Groups are formed in response to student requests.
· Nfoshare Online Tutoring. This new feature (using Facebook) is available for selected classes.
STUDY SKILLS ASSISTANCE
· Workshops at the OAE. We appreciate your posting our workshop schedule where it will be visible to students visiting your department; feel free to make as many copies as you wish.
· Online workshops: Your Roadmap to Success (http://www.udel.edu/AEC-workshop/). These workshops are designed to help students identify skill areas they need to improve in, to practice new techniques, and to evaluate their progress.
· Study Skills course (UNIV113). This one-credit pass/fail course includes comprehensive coverage of strategies for successful studying, which are then put to use in a concurrent “target class” of the student’s choice. While the course is aimed at freshmen and sophomores, exceptions can be made for other students when needed.
· Academic Intake appointments. Any student can meet with one of our staff members to assess his/her current study strategies and develop a plan for strengthening those strategies. In particular, students in academic difficulty can benefit from this one-on-one academic counseling.